Saturday, August 17, 2013

revival

 

It’s been quite some time indeed, and it has really not been fair to have promised so much the last time and not have followed through (though, I am beginning to believe that this is some inherent commitment flaw I have hidden deep underneath all these layers).

Here are my thoughts on my lack of follow through:

I have recently become a severe YouTube addict with most of my subscriptions being make-up gurus and Kracie Poppin cooking demos but every now and then I come across a serious vlogger and I just think to myself - “You are so dedicated! I have a 3 year old blog with not enough hits to make a blip in the stratosphere!”. It got me thinking. When I started this blog, I was a discontent law student trying to live my real dream – writing and cooking – through this blog. I had all the time in the world to be nonchalant and unrealistic about giving up my degree to focus on my dream of being a creative type. I even almost had an opportunity to pick it up again after I finished my articles. But I didn’t.

Why? Well. Thing is that I actually, to some degree, wanted to follow the path and didn’t have the courage to take the leap. I’m not disappointed because I found a dream job as an editor with a major international legal publisher and I love my job and I love cooking and I really want to still own that food stall or beach side cafe and write all about it, but I also now want to do it in conjunction with my new job. I’ve also started writing for this insanely awesome online emerging arts magazine and it’s another satisfaction brought into my life. [CLICK HERE FOR DISPARATE ONLINE MAG!!!]

My point is that in between all of the above realisations and wedding planning and reading for Masters and saving and trying to be a normal human all at the same time, I have realised that the avoidance of this blog comes from a place of believing it to be me selling out and not living this in its entirety. Thing is, I’m not that discontent law student anymore and I started looking at this blog as the solace for a failure of fortune for my immature, dissatisfied self.

I think that that was wrong of me. The realisation that this can work in conjunction with the fortune happening right now in my life (knock on wood) was an important one and will hopefully breed more beautiful recipes and experiences now and in my new home in 7 months time.

Here’s to hoping!

I really want to dedicate a day a week to this blog because honestly, it really is something that is constantly at the back of my mind. I have pictures taken and posts planned but never get around to doing it. But more of a concerted effort must be made and energy must be expended because at the end of the day, I really do love this.

May

x

4 comments:

  1. Love the revamped blogsite Mayo! Stick with it the content rocks as well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe :) trying to find the time! Have so much content lined up, but time is an issue!

      Delete
  2. Idk why I've never called you Mayo. But now you're Mayonnaise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janita calls me Mayo constantly. I do not mind being called the this. Mayonnaise = love!

      Delete